I can’t deny that I love pasta dishes, it must be Italian in me, but it gets boring to eat the same thing repeatedly. If you’re looking for a spiced up different pasta dish to get out of the same old dishes for a change, give this Spicy Turkey and Rotini Pasta with Bechamel Sauce a try.
Spicy Turkey and Rotini Pasta With Bechamel SaucePrint Recipe
- Bechamel Sauce Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of organic unrefined, unbleached white flour
- 2 cups of skim milk
- ½ teaspoon each of oregano and basil
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup of organic fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Sausage and Pasta Toss Ingredients
- 1 box of whole wheat rotini pasta
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- ½ cup of frozen corn
- About ½ package of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Bechamel Sauce Instructions
- Melt butter on a heated pan, add finely pureed garlic, saute for 1 minute, add flour 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking thoroughly to avoid any clumps.
- Add milk, whisk together, turn the heat to medium, boil over, and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Season with sea salt, black pepper if tolerable in IC/PBS diet, oregano, and basil, whisk to blend.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan blending in, set aside on a warmer or cover with a lid.
- Start preparing the pasta by bringing a large pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to directions on the package, till al dente, drain and set aside, for a few minutes if the rest of the meal is not ready yet. I try to organize my time, so the sausage and veggies are prepared when the pasta is done cooking.
Spicy Pasta Instructions
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, then add in garlic and onions for 1 to 2 minutes till softened, stirring so not to burn, add in ground turkey, cover with a lid and allow to brown for about 3 to 4 minutes, then stir over, cover again, and brown the other side for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Remove lid toss in red peppers, saute for 2 minutes, add in chopped tomatoes, corn and peas, cook just till warmed about 1 to 2 minutes, add in cooked and well drain pasta, pour in Bechamel sauce, as much or as little as you like toss to coat everything and simmer for 1 minute to make sure the pasta and sauce are heated through. Sprinkle a little fresh parmesan over the top and serve warm.