This Simplified Southwest Chili Recipe has the perfect amount of spices for our preferences. This simple homemade chili seasoning is made with a few basic pantry staple spices and can be used for. This homemade chili seasoning is equivalent to one store-bought chili seasoning packet.
This authentic Chili Recipe is packed with tender ground turkey, flavorful chilies and no beans in sight! Try this Simplified Southwest Chili Recipe recipe. You can have Southwest Chili using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Simplified Southwest Chili RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper
- 3 habanero peppers
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 3 teaspoons of chili powder
- 3 teaspoons of ground red pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 12-ounce tomato paste
- 3 cups of corn kernels
- 2 cups of pinto beans
- 2 cups of kidney beans
- 4 garlic cloves
1. Put the ground turkey and pour it into a crockpot with juice.
2. Cut all other vegetable ingredients into medium chunks
3. Dump all ingredients into a crockpot in any order. If canned, including juices.
4. Cook on high for 5 hours or until bell peppers are no longer crispy. NOTE: Chili may appear too thick at first and will thin as it cooks. Add V8 (vegetable) juice if you like your Chili runny. Serve hot.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can alter the recipe if you’re missing an ingredient.