Roasties are always the favorite for all of us, and we cannot deny the delicious and influencing taste that it leaves in your mouth. You might not have tried the soup with something roasted inside and trust me even I didn’t try such recipe for long and now when I used my secret roasted potatoes in my turkey soup, that gave me something which was truly awesome, and I can’t resist making this roasted potato soup with turkey once or twice every week.
Delicious Roasted Potato Soup with TurkeyPrint Recipe
- 2 small golden potatoes (cut in cubes with skin)
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 2 tablespoon red wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups of chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add ground turkey and onion. Saute for about 3 to 4 minutes with constant stirring, then add half of the garlic paste, cumin, salt and black pepper and again saute for 1 more minute.
3. Add tomato puree, cover the lid and simmer for about 7 to 8 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth and further cook for 7 to 8 more minutes at low.
5. In the meanwhile, heat about 2 cups of water in a saucepan and add potato cubes. Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes, then drain out the water and set the potatoes in a colander for about 15 minutes or until all of the water is completely drained out and the potatoes are almost dry.
6. Place all of the potatoes in an oven-proof dish at a proper distance from each other. Now make seasoning by mixing together olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic paste and apply onto the potatoes in the dish—Bake for about 20 minutes.
7. Now for the spice mixture, mix together chipotle sauce, lemon juice, thyme, half of the dill, red wine and soy sauce until fully incorporated, then apply on the half-cooked potatoes, mix well with a spatula until fully coated.
8. Again place the potatoes in the oven and again bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and properly cooked from inside.
9. Now take out the potatoes from the oven and add them to the prepared turkey soup along with the remaining dill. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, then take out in a serving dish and enjoy hot.