This Skinny Taco Bowl is so delicious you could even scoop some up with a tortilla chip and eat it as a salsa. Just smelling the fresh cilantro and lime makes my stomach growl.
- Taco Bowl Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans
- 1 cup of corn, frozen
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro, freshly chopped
- 2 limes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of salsa
- Raco seasoning, home-made see below or, pre-made packet
- 1 cup of quinoa, dry Or, enough for 4 servings
- Home-Made Taco Seasoning Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, ground black
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- In a skillet, cook ground turkey and discard grease. At the same time, in a pot, measure out quinoa and water (usually doubled, so 1 cup quinoa is equal to 2 cups water). Follow instructions on the package to cook quinoa.
- Bring together corn, onion, cilantro, and black beans in another skillet. Squeeze 1 tablespoon of lime juice and salt to taste into the mixture. Stir and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until steamy.
- After all the grease is discarded from ground turkey, stir in taco seasoning and salsa.
- Serve quinoa, seasoned ground turkey, and vegetable/bean medley in a bowl. Top it off with sliced avocado and lime wedges.
- Gobble up!