So usually try and modify the recipes in this series to be healthier; however, this Slow Cooker Italian Turkey Meatballs recipe from Pinterest was already pretty healthy, so I didn’t need to make any modifications.
This recipe is perfect for anyone looking to enjoy some good old Italian food without all of the extra calories. This is the excellent recipe if you are on a diet. Now, you have the perfect reason to indulge in something as delicious as this.
Saucy Slow Cooker Italian Turkey MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 20 ounces of ground turkey breast 93% lean
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese. Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients and form small meatballs, about 1/8 cup each.
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn. Pour crushed tomatoes into the crock pot with bay leaf. Add garlic and oil.
- Drop meatballs into the sauce, cover and set the crockpot to low for 4 to 6 hours. When meatballs are ready, adjust salt and pepper to taste and add fresh chopped basil or parsley.