Let’s face it; turkey burgers can be a little bland and not to mention a little gamey if you ask me. If you don’t season them just right, they taste so dull. These potsticker-inspired turkey burgers are super yummy, not gamey and definitely anything but boring.
We eat these bun-less turkey burgers almost once a week at our house; they are a family favourite.
These turkey burgers are great on their own but even better if you serve them with “Peter Dressing”, which is just low sodium soy sauce and mayo mixed. When I was little, the boy who lived next door to us used to put this combo on his food; his name was Peter.
Thirty years later, we still call it Peter Dressing. Now and then, I will send him a picture of a meal on Facebook of us eating something with it, and we both get a good chuckle out of it. If it sounds like a weird combo, have faith, it is life-changing. We like to dip our potstickers in Peter Dressing, which led me to create these Potsticker-Inspired Turkey Burgers.
Potsticker-Inspired Turkey BurgersPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 small onion chopped and sautéed
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese we like Parrano Gouda
- Saute onions first.
- After sautéing the onion, mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form 6 round burger patties.
- Grill on an electric griddle at 350 degrees for 7 minutes on each side, or grill on a BBQ for about the same amount of time on each side. Tip: Use nonstick foil under the burger on the BBQ, so it doesn’t stick to the grill.
- Serve burgers with a dip made up of mayo and soy sauce, so good! We also use that same dip with potstickers; trust me, it’s delicious.