This Lightened-Up Ground Turkey Meatloaf recipe is a winner! It is such a tasty dinner (my parents agree!), and with a little prep work done ahead of time, it didn’t take too long to come together. It’s made with ground turkey rather than ground beef, so it is a little lighter than traditional meatloaf, hence the “lightened-up” title. I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we did!
Lightened-Up Ground Turkey MeatloafPrint Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, minced (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1.3 pound lean ground turkey (I used 93% lean, but 99% works too)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sage
- salt to taste (I just used a pinch)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of ketchup with Worcestershire sauce.
3. Sauté olive oil and onion on low until translucent, about 3-5 minutes, then remove from heat.
3. In a medium bowl, mix ground turkey, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, oregano, sage and salt.
4. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan. You can also shape it into a loaf and place it on a baking sheet. Spoon sauce on top.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes uncovered. Once cooked, remove it from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before slicing.