I wanted to share the stuffed red peppers recipe I made a few weeks ago. These Stuffed Red Peppers are amazing. They are stuffed with lean ground turkey, spinach, zucchini, onion, and bulgur (which makes them super filling) and topped with stewed tomatoes and feta cheese. Delicious, healthy, and filling. It doesn’t get much better than that!
This dish can be eaten alone as it’s really filling or as part of something else if you are a little more hungry. The colorful peppers are high in vitamin C to help fight infection and heal wounds. The feta melts in the oven giving a nice gooey texture.
Heavenly Stuffed Red Peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 package frozen spinach 10-ounce, thawed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini coarsely grated
- 1 small onion minced (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup bulgur
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- 3 medium red bell peppers cut in half lengthwise and cored
- 2 14.5- ounce stewed tomatoes no-salt-added, chopped and juices reserved
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except red peppers, tomatoes, tomato juices, and feta.
- Place the pepper halves in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Fill peppers with the meat mixture and pour the tomatoes and tomato juice over the peppers.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes covered, then remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 45 minutes, or until the filling is completely cooked and the peppers are tender.