Lasagna is one of my favorite good ‘ol fashioned comfort foods. But let’s face it–making it takes a lot of work, and I don’t have time for that! Plus, I am always looking for a healthier version of my favorite foods! This Easy Healthy Lasagna Soup definitely hits the spot and is a great crowd-pleaser!
Easy Healthy Lasagna Soup
This Easy Healthy Lasagna Soup is a lighter version of a classic fall comfort food–that tastes just as great!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 4 tablespoons onion powder - rehydrated in a bowl of water, or 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic - minced
- 1 cup celery stalks - diced
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum) - chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 1 can tomato - 14.5-ounce
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 sheets lasagna sheets - broken into bite-sized pieces (I use whole wheat)
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese - shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese - shredded
- Drizzle olive oil in a large soup pot and heat to medium-high.
- Add ground turkey, onion, garlic, celery and peppers to the pan and cook until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add water, chicken base, tomatoes, pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and salt to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 mins until flavors have mixed and soup is heated through.
- While simmering soup, bring a separate pot of water to a boil and add broken lasagna noodles.
- Cook until al dente, rinse with cool water, and set aside.
- Just before serving, add lasagna noodles and stir in cheese.
- Serve in bowls with additional shredded cheese for garnish.
- To cook in the crockpot, cook meat and vegetables as instructed, then add to the crockpot.
- Add water, chicken base, tomatoes, sauce, and seasonings to the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Cook lasagna noodles separately, as instructed above.
- About 10 minutes prior to serving, add noodles and cheese.
Calories: 420kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 44gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 998mgPotassium: 1038mgFiber: 5gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 942IUVitamin C: 69mgCalcium: 273mgIron: 3mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.