This recipe for polenta turkey bake is a combination of ground turkey, garlic, onion, golden mushroom soup and Italian seasoning is sautéed and spooned into a baking dish. It’s topped with prepared polenta slices and baked to perfection for a hearty, delicious meal that’s an absolute winner! My hubby and I are fans of polenta and enjoyed this recipe very much!
This is a very satisfying recipe you’ll like for an extraordinary occasion. There’s just something exquisite about it whenever I have this for dinner. That’s why I choose the events when I serve this yummy recipe.
Gooey Polenta Turkey Bake Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey 99% fat-free
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 package fresh spinach
- 10 ¾ ounces mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk non-fat
- 1 tube polenta cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the turkey, half the garlic and the Italian seasoning in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the turkey is browned, often stirring to separate the meat. Spoon the turkey mixture into a 11x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach and the remaining minced garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until the spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the spinach mixture over the turkey mixture. Stir the soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour over the spinach mixture. Top with the polenta.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the polenta with the cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until hot.