I’ve always enjoyed a good home-cooked meal. Today we will enjoy Rao’s sauce with the most delicious slow-cooked turkey meatball bombs. I would suggest you use ground, dark turkey meat. But if you have ground chicken instead of turkey, this is OKAY! Just use it. You can also use ground beef. It’s all a matter of preference.
Delicious Slow-Cooked Turkey Meatball Bombs Recipe
- 1 small onion grated or finely chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup dried bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan grated
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano grated
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground dark turkey meat or whatever kind of meat you are using
- 1 jar Rao’s Marinara Sauce 32-ounce
- In a large bowl, add the onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, ketchup, parsley, Parmesan, Pecorino, salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, mix in the turkey meat. (NOTE: I sautéed the onion and added it to the sauce rather than adding it to the meatball mixture.)
- Pour the entire jar of Marinara Sauce into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Shape the meat mixture into 1 1/4-inch-diameter ball. Gently place the meatballs in the sauce. You do NOT have to brown them first. (That’s what I LOVE about slow cooking them. You can skip the browning part!)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. Serve over your choice of pasta.