This Best Ever Turkey Chili is full of flavor and nutrients. You can make this heart best ever turkey chili recipe on the stovetop or slow cooker. The best thing about this recipe is that you can customize the flavor depending on your likeness.
You can add more vegetables or make it spicier by adding more chilis.
All of my friends and family who tried this swear that this is the best ever turkey chili they ever had!
So, here is a recipe to warm you up. I know we’ve posted a similar recipe, but I think this one packs a little more punch.
*Note: I always add Cayenne Pepper to my chili – strike that- I add Cayenne Pepper to everything. I LOOOOOVE spicy food! Plus, I’ve read in many places that Cayenne holds some major health benefits.
Best Ever Turkey Chili
- 1 onion - large and chopped
- 2 pounds ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 large garlic - minced
- 1 can tomato - with juice 28-ounce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper - freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - organic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cans red kidney beans - 15-ounce each, drained
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper - to taste (optional)
- Add turkey, garlic, and onions to a large skillet.
- Brown the ingredients until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients *except beans*, to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. (Adding beans too early could make them soggy)
- Throw in turkey, garlic, and onions.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Add beans and cook until heated.