If there’s one thing I absolutely love, it’s finding creative ways to use all of my leftovers, and this time it’s turkey. So this time, I decided to make BBQ Turkey Wonton Tacos. The recipe is inspired by a wonton taco recipe I saw online years ago, with a few changes. Plus, it’s only around 200 calories for 4 of these little guys.
Smoky BBQ Turkey Wonton Tacos
- 8 small wonton wrappers
- 6 ounces ground turkey (minced turkey) - pre-cooked
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce)
- 4 small jalapeño - chopped
- ¼ medium yellow onion - chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- Heat turkey with BBQ sauce, chopped onion and jalapenos in a skillet on medium heat until it’s warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare your wonton wrappers.
- Spray cooking spray on the inside and outside of a casserole dish. Drape each wonton wrapper over the pan’s walls. The Triangle shape works the best. Bake for a few minutes until the wonton wrappers are crispy and hold the shape.
- In a bowl, combine broccoli slaw mix, sesame ginger dressing and cilantro.
- Lastly, assemble your tacos. Add turkey mixture followed by broccoli slaw mix to your new cute tiny wonton taco shells. You may also bake them for a few minutes after assembling them to heat the entire taco, but I didn’t do that.