If there’s one thing I absolutely love, it’s finding creative ways to use all of my leftovers, and this time it’s turkey. So this time, I decided to make BBQ Turkey Wonton Tacos. The recipe is inspired by a wonton taco recipe I saw online years ago, with a few changes. Plus, it’s only around 200 calories for 4 of these little guys.
BBQ Turkey Wonton TacosPrint Recipe
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 4-6 ounces of pre-cooked ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
- 4 chopped jalapeno slices
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- 1 cup of broccoli slaw mix (cabbage, carrot, and radish mix in the produce section)
- 2 tablespoons of Newman's Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Heat turkey with BBQ sauce, chopped onion and jalapenos in a skillet on medium heat until it’s warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare your wonton wrappers.
- Spray cooking spray on the inside and outside of a casserole dish. Drape each wonton wrapper over the pan’s walls. The Triangle shape works the best. Bake for a few minutes until the wonton wrappers are crispy and hold the shape.
- In a bowl, combine broccoli slaw mix, sesame ginger dressing and cilantro.
- Lastly, assemble your tacos. Add turkey mixture followed by broccoli slaw mix to your new cute tiny wonton taco shells. You may also bake them for a few minutes after assembling them to heat the entire taco, but I didn’t do that.