Teriyaki Eggplant And Pork Mince Recipe. Eggplant is a great vegetable for marinating. It takes on the flavor really well, in this case, the teriyaki sauce. I love using it in vegan recipes, especially roasted or grilled. Recipe type: Appetizer/Vegetable side dish.
Lovely eggplants were one of the finds at the farmer’s market this week. As many of you probably know, eggplant is a great Keto Side Item. You can cook Teriyaki Eggplant And Pork Mince using 14 ingredients and 6 steps.
Satisfy your teriyaki cravings with this light and low-carb grilled eggplant! Eggplant can seem intimidating to cook, but I’ve partnered with Kikkoman to show you how simple it can be! Here I sear the eggplant and braise with Kikkoman. Mix the dressing into the salad and garnish with sesame seeds.
The Best Teriyaki Eggplant And Pork Mince Recipe
TO MAKE EGGPLANT AND PORK MINCE:
- 250-300 grams pork mince
- 2 pieces spring onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons oil for cooking
TO MAKE TERIYAKI SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon potato starch flour
- Combine pork mince, spring onion, and grated ginger and garlic in a bowl, lightly season with salt and pepper, and mix very well until it gets a pasty texture.
- Cut eggplants into 8-millimeter thick slices, make pairs with similar size slices, and place them on a large tray. Sprinkle it with plain flour.
- Shape the pork mixture into thin patties the size similar to the Eggplant slices. Sandwich it with two Eggplant slices.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, and cook eggplant and pork sandwiches covered with a lid over medium heat until browned. Turn them over, cover with the lid, and cook until browned.
- Meanwhile, make ‘Teriyaki’ sauce by mixing all the ingredients. Lower the heat, pour the sauce and cook until the sauce thickens. Turn them over so that both sides get covered with the sauce.
- Arrange them on a serving plate and serve.