This pork mince casserole recipe is an old Danish food dish. It’s so savoury–perfect for a get-together with the family. Check out the easy and tasty recipe here.
- ½ kilogram of ground pork
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 onions, cut into 1/4-inch sliced rounds
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 8 small carrots, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 125 – 250 grams of mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 sour apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- ½ cups of white wine or apple cider
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Brown the meat in butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place them into a medium casserole.
- Fry the onion rings, shredded bell pepper, carrots and celery cubes in the same butter and pour it into the casserole. Add 2 cups broth and cook until pork is tender.
- Add the mushrooms, apple, quartered tomatoes, white wine or cider with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with newly cooked rice.