I love all things Italian but don’t always love feeling like I need to be rolled out of my chair because it was so filling. That’s part of what I love about this Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Casserole recipe. It’s filling enough to have a bowl and be done, but it’s also light enough you can eat some and not feel like a total glutton. The creaminess makes you feel indulgent, while the spaghetti squash keeps you grounded.
You can cook spaghetti squash, but my favourite way is to roast it.
Oozing Spaghetti Squash Lasagna CasserolePrint Recipe
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 24 ounces of your favourite pasta sauce
- 1 cup of cottage cheese or dairy-free ricotta
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti squash using the method you’re most comfortable with. See my tips above in the post regarding how I cook the spaghetti squash. When spaghetti squash is done, let cool for 10 minutes and then scrape the “noodles” into a bowl. Take oven temp down to 350 degrees.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking, brown the pork over medium heat.
- As the pork browns, add cottage cheese and basil to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste (I added about a teaspoon of both).
- Once spaghetti squash is done – combine spaghetti squash, pasta sauce (use as much as you’d like – if you’re a saucy guy/gal, go ahead and pour the whole jar), and cottage cheese mixture and place in an 8×8 greased casserole dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with basil, and enjoy!