Today I will show you how to make stuffed zucchini that is healthy as well as light. It can be eaten as an appetizer or a snack. So enjoy this Juicy Baked Stuffed Zucchini recipe that I kept well.
This recipe is a well-requested dish at home. I assume it’s because it’s that good. It’s also healthy, so I don’t blame my family for loving it. It has become a part of my regular meals. It’s easy to make, so it’s perfect when you have no time to whip up something for a quick meal.
Juicy Baked Stuffed Zucchini RecipePrint Recipe
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 pound of ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons of tomato puree
- Wash zucchinis, put them in a pot of cold water, bring to boil and cook until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add ground meat and cook until brown; season with salt n pepper to taste. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Add the remaining oil and saute garlic in the same skillet, then add onions and jalapeño pepper. Reduce heat to low.
- When the zucchini has cooked through, remove it from the water, and allow it to cool enough to handle.
- Slice cooled zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the centre, leaving a little veggie flesh.
- Add the scooped out zucchini (chopped) to the skillet with garlic and onion. Increase heat.
- Add ground meat and cook for a minute.
- Remove mixture from heat and set it aside.
- Fill zucchini with the mixture and top with a tablespoon of tomato puree and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove zucchini from the oven and serve hot.