Nothing says cozy, homey goodness like my Homestyle Meatloaf Recipe. The moment the weather turns a bit chilly, it’s like a switch goes on, and I’m immediately ready for those warm and homey types of meals. Nothing beats the wholesome flavor of a homestyle meal.
This is an easy recipe, and you can top it with ketchup, BBQ sauce or leave it as is. This Savory Meatloaf Recipe has a blend of ground pork and ground chuck with a bit of bourbon brown sugar glaze – Delicious!
You can cook homestyle meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The Best Homestyle Meatloaf RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 pounds ground hamburger meat
- 2 eggs
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly except ketchup and sugar.
3. Shape the meat mixture in the form of a loaf and place it in a loaf pan. Then, place the pan in the oven.
4. Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
5. While the meatloaf is cooking, in a small mixing bowl, combine ketchup and brown sugar. When there are about 20 minutes left on the meatloaf, remove it from the oven and spread the ketchup mixture over the meatloaf. Return the meatloaf back in the oven and continue cooking.