Whip up a gourmet Embutido by doing it a ala Wellington. Cook your basic Embutido, coat it with liver spread, wrap in delicate pastry before baking to a golden brown finish. This embutido wellington recipe is not only impressive but delicious as well.
Filipino Embutido Wellington RecipePrint Recipe
- Embutido Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo of ground pork
- 1 cup of chopped chorizo bilbao
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of pickle relish
- 4 pieces of cooked longanisa, chopped
- 1 cup of cubed bread soaked in
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of chopped cheese
- Chicken stock
- Liver spread
- Pastry Ingredients
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup of butter
- 6 tablespoons of ice water
- Combine the ground pork, chorizo, raisins, pickle relish, longanisa, soaked bread, milk, salt, pepper, eggs and cheese in a bowl. Blend well, then form into 2 cylinders. Wrap in aluminium foil or plastic wrap. Place in a saucepan 1/3 filled with boiling stock. Cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes or until embutido is cooked. Cool.
- Unwrap the embutido, then brown in hot butter. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture is mealy. Add sufficient water to form a ball of dough. Chill the dough for about 10 to 15 minutes. Roll out the dough into a rectangle 1-inch thick. Divide in two. Rub the two embutido rolls with liver spread before placing them at the centre of each sheet of dough. Wrap the embutido in the dough. Seal the edges together.
- Place the pastry-wrapped embutido on a baking sheet. Brush with egg wash. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Cool a little before slicing.