Clean Pork Shumai is always my first choice on Sunday dim sum. Traditionally, Shumai dim sum recipe is made with pork and lard filling. They are seriously good, but most of them contain a lot of fat. Therefore, this recipe is a healthy version of pork shumai. If you don’t like pork, you can change it to shrimp, but never chicken and beef (at least, for me!).
The clean pork shumai recipe is packed with lean protein and good fats. Therefore, it is suitable for both hemodialysis and also after transplantation. This recipe is so perfect, so why don’t you try to do this at home and you will fall in love with it.
Clean Pork Shumai Recipe
- 250 grams ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons coriander minced
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 sheets wonton wrappers
- To make the filling, start mixing the pork with all the marinade ingredients and leave it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Lightly brush the bottom of your steamer with oil or line it with damp cheesecloth. You’re ready to assemble the shumai.
- Cut wonton sheets into a round shape
- Take a wonton skin, add about 1 ½ teaspoon of filling to the center and try to wrap it tightly.
- Add decoration of your choice.
- Stream them for 10 minutes.