I realised the other day that this would probably be my last autumn recipe for a good eight months, and I wanted to end my favourite season with a dish that sums it up perfectly! This Hearty Minted Lamb Kofte Recipe is easily one of my top five simple autumn meals, and what makes it so great is that it looks more complicated than it actually is!
I’m writing this post with what looks like nicotine-stained fingernails, even though I don’t smoke, so please take note of the following: turmeric stains, badly! So if you’ve just had a manicure or have a job interview or date lined up, wear latex gloves when making your kofte!
Hearty Minted Lamb Kofte RecipePrint Recipe
- 500 grams of lamb mince
- 3 spring onions finely chopped, white part only
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh mint finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of table salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Crumble the lamb mince into a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the kofte ingredients. Mix using your hands until all of the herbs and spices are evenly distributed.
- Divide the mince into roughly 8 equal portions, roll each portion into a ball, and then squash slightly until you have 8 oblong-shaped kofte. Thread two onto each skewer and place them on a plate in the fridge until it’s time to cook them.
- When it’s time to cook the kofte, place them under a preheated grill on a high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Use a pastry brush dipped in a little olive oil to coat the kofte and give them a nice golden colour.