It’s here–an easy recipe and family-approved snack you can serve anytime. Here’s how to make an easy lamb pizza that your family will surely love. It’s the easiest way to satisfy your cravings for something Italian.
Easy Lamb PizzaPrint Recipe
- Dough Ingredients
- Cornmeal as needed for dusting pan
- Olive oil as needed
- 2 ¼ cups of bleached flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 7 tablespoons of room temperature butter
- Topping Ingredients
- Olive oil as needed to sprinkle pizza dough
- 8 ounces of fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- ¼ cup of fresh grated Parmesan
- 15 ounces of canned pizza sauce of choice
- 7 fresh basil leaves, crushed
- 6 ounces of pre-cooked minced lamb
- 1/2 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 525 degrees.
- Turn the cast-iron pan upside down and sprinkle cornmeal on the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, fold in all the ingredients by hand. Continue to fold until 1 ball of dough forms. There’s no need to knead and over mix.
- Remove dough from the bowl onto a flour-dusted surface. The dough will be sticky. Pat hands with flour.
- Roll dough out with a flour-dusted rolling pin to fit the size of the cast-iron pan. The dough will roll with ease if mixed right.
- Place dough on top of the cornmeal-dusted pan.
- Roll the excess dough around the edges of the pizza to form a crust.
- Again, make sure you place dough on top of the upside-down cast-iron pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with olive oil and add cheese and then sauce of choice. Just enough to cover.
- Add basil and pre-cooked minced lamb.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or more if needed, and remove from oven.
- Top with the sliced fresh tomatoes.