I recently learned to perfect this dish for Pappardelle Pasta With Creamy Mushroom Sauce. I love it so much, and I know you’ll love it too if you are one to crave Italian cuisine regularly. This is a pasta dish you can never get tired of having.
Special Pappardelle Pasta With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms - dried
- 1 cup water - boiling
- 2 cups ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound button mushrooms - sliced
- 2 cloves garlic - finely diced
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese - plus some more for the table
- ¼ cup heavy cream (also called thickened cream) - whipping
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage - chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil - white
- Boil a cup of water, put the dried mushrooms there, and let them steep for at least 30 minutes. If you do this first and then chop your veggies, the shiitake mushrooms will be ready when you are
- Chop the shallots, garlic, mushrooms and sage.
- Warm a saute pan to medium-high and put the olive oil in. Saute the shallots for 5 minutes, and then add the garlic. Cook for 3 minutes more before you add the button and crimini mushrooms. Let them saute till they get some colour and are soft. Add the chicken and let brown.
- While the vegetables are sauteing, chop the now tender shiitake mushrooms. Then add these mushrooms to the saute pan.
- Time to boil, salt the water, and then cook the pasta according to the bag directions.
- Add the sherry, 3/4 cup of the mushroom liquor (from reconstituting the shiitakes) and 1 cup of the pasta liquid to your sauteed vegetables. Add the sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Let the liquid reduce down by half on medium heat.
- Drain it and add it to the mushrooms when the pasta is done. Turn off the heat and add the cream, 1 ounce of the cheese and the truffle oil. Stir to combine. Now either plate the dish up or put it in a serving platter. Sprinkle the other 1 ounce of cheese over the finished product and have extra cheese on the table for you and your guests to add if desired.