For my 1st holiday trip with my in-laws, the furthermost thing that knocked my mind was none other than pasta. This zesty cajun pasta is so delicious that it always makes me groove.
At a local restaurant, I had this creamy cajun pasta full of lean chicken, peppers, and onions served with sautéed green beans. Of course, this increased the labour of love over the years to figure out how to prepare this pasta. So get ready to prepare this easy, one-pot-rich and creamy pasta for yourself and your loved ones.
Creamy Cajun Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces penne pasta - wholewheat
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum) - sliced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- 35 ml tomato - crushed
- ⅓ cup sour cream - reduced-fat
- ½ cup green onions (scallions or green shallots) - chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta until just tender for 8 to 10 minutes or according to package instructions.
- After it gets boiled, drain the water.
- Now heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Put onion and stir it occasionally until beginning to brown, for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, garlic, and Cajun Seasoning and pepper and stir until the onion and bell pepper are beginning to soften, for about 4 minutes.
- Then add flour and stir to coat.
- Now add tomato juice and bring to a simmer.
- Cook and stir it often until the sauce is bubbling and thickened and the chicken is cooked for about 2 minutes.
- Now remove it from the heat and add cream to it.
- Then add the pasta to the sauce and mix it properly.
- The pasta is ready; serve by sprinkling scallions.