Larb or Thai Chicken Salad is commonly eaten as a diet food and a summertime dish. It is a low-sodium, low-calorie, gluten-free meal.
Larb is made with aromatic herbs, like mint, dill, and shallot, to induce mild sweating to cool the body during the summer. The ground dry-fried rice is used to help improve digestion. The lime’s sour taste helps cleanse the Liver and raise your energy level.
Larb is often made with different meats depending on your health condition. For example, you can use organic ground chicken, grilled fish, mushroom combination, or even tofu. My favorite is Thai chicken salad.
Chicken is used for tired people or suffers from physical injury. On the other hand, fish is good if you want a lighter, lower-calorie meal.
A combination of mushrooms is used for their anti-viral properties and to cleanse the Liver. I recommend wood-ear, oyster, portabella, and button mushrooms.
Thai Chicken SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground chicken or pork
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons of roasted sticky rice powder
- 2 tablespoons of ground chili
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 red or green bell pepper, thin sliced
- Lettuce or salad mixed
- Use a medium-sized pot/pan. Start with small amounts of water and cook the ground meat. The meat will stick to the pan at first, but the meat juice will come out later. You may keep adding small amounts of water a little bit at a time. Keep stirring until the meat is cooked well. Then turn the stove off.
- Add fish sauce, chili, and roasted sticky rice. Taste and adjust until salty and spicy enough.
- Add green onion, shallot, dill, red bell pepper and mint leaves. Then squeeze lime on top of all the ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with lettuce or a salad mix as the base on the plate.