Inspired by GOOP’s burgers, I whipped up these Thai Chicken Burgers on a Friday night for my kiddos, alongside my Thai Veggie Burgers for the hubby and me. The kids had just gotten fitted with their expanders from their orthodontist, so I wasn’t sure if they would eat much of anything, but these burgers were a big success!
These Thai Chicken Burgers are paired well with usual burger fare: oven fries and finger veggies, but I could also see making these into little meatballs and serving them with a stir-fry, some Healthy Fried Rice or Fava Brown Rice Salad.
Thai Chicken BurgersPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground organic chicken (thigh meat works best)
- ½ cup of onion, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons of basil, minced
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce (MGS free-check the label)
- 1 teaspoon of tamari (or coconut aminos)
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into 4 burgers and place on a plate or tray.
- Place on hot BBQ or in a hot non-stick grill pan with a tablespoon of hot coconut oil evenly coating the pan.
- Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes per side or until golden brown and cook through.