This teriyaki chicken casserole is a unique dish to enjoy Asian cuisine at home. This easy dish is a favourite at home. It’s so easy to prepare, so I know you’ll love making it at home. Here’s the very simple recipe to try at home:
Teriyaki Chicken CasserolePrint Recipe
- Chicken Ingredients
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, ground
- 1 12-ounce bag of stir-fry vegetables
- 1 cup of Brussel sprouts
- 3 cups of brown rice, cooked
- Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients
- ¾ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of water
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ½ cup of water, ginger and garlic in a small saucepan and cover. Bring to a boil. Remove lid and cook for one minute.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of water and cornstarch in a bowl until well blended and smooth. Add the prepared mixture to the saucepan and stir to mix. Wait for the sauce to thicken, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Put the ground chicken in the prepared baking dish and pour 1 cup of the teriyaki sauce over the top of the chicken. Put in oven, uncovered and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam or cook the veggies according to package directions.
- Add the cooked veggies and the brown rice to the baking dish with the chicken. Pour most of the remaining sauce over the casserole, saving just a little to drizzle over the top when serving. Gently toss everything together until combined well. Put back to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve and drizzle some of the remaining sauce over the top.