When I first got my crockpot a couple of years ago, the first recipe I tried was this Taco Chili recipe, and I loved it so much so that I made it for every potluck I went to for a year.
I have modified and tweaked this recipe so much that now I have come up with my own inspired by the original recipe. My new recipe turned out to be the best batch of taco chili that I have made yet!
Taco Chili RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 16-ounce cans of black beans
- 1 16-ounce can of kidney beans
- 1 16-ounce can of spicy chili beans
- 1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1 zucchini
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 large chicken breast, minced
- Shredded cheese
- Rinse and drain black beans and kidney beans.
- Chop zucchini as small as preferred.
- Add all ingredients but chicken to crockpot and stir.
- Add chicken breast to crockpot.
- Cook the chicken on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Top with shredded cheese.