This recipe for spaghetti squash marinara is an excellent dish to serve when you want a healthy version of your favourite marinara pasta recipes. It’s more nutritious, so you have a good alternative when you carve for the regular pasta dish.
Spaghetti Squash MarinaraPrint Recipe
- Spaghetti Squash Ingredients
- Spaghetti squash
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste
- Marinara Ingredients
- 1 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 cups of ground chicken
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Topping Ingredients
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Jalapeno, sliced
- Halve the spaghetti squash, scoop out the seeds, and bake at 375 degrees until soft and easy to scoop out the “spaghetti”. This should take about 45 minutes. During this time, prep the marinara and cashew cream.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and cook garlic until fragrant. Add the ground chicken and allow it to cook.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, and pepper, then allow to simmer until sauce thickens and is heated for approximately 20 minutes. Stir in fresh basil. Keep on a low simmer until squash has finished baking.
- Plate spaghetti squash, top with marinara, fresh basil, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper.