I developed an interest in cooking by watching cooking shows on TV. I have watched and tried many dishes and have sharpened my skills according to my taste and also by continuously thinking of ways to improve the usual recipe and create something new. So today, I give you my customized Chicken Lasagna Cake recipe, which is quite popular among my family and is one of my personal favourites.
There’s an interesting story related to this recipe. During my job interview at a company I now work for, the HR interviewer asked me about my hobbies. I told her how much I loved cooking. So she went on asking me about any recipe of my liking, and I told her this whole recipe of Chicken Lasagna was just like that! So this dish will always remain a fond memory as it helped me get my job.
Savoury Chicken Lasagna Cake RecipePrint Recipe
- ½ kilogram of chicken mince
- 1 packet of lasagna sheet
- 1 pack of grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 small onions
- 2 capsicums
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic and ginger paste
- ½ litre of milk
- ½ cup of tomato taste
- ½ cup of plain white flour
- ¼ cup of cup
- 1 ½ teaspoon of pepper
- Salt to taste
- Soya sauce
- Chinese salt
- Butter (Desi or Margarine)
- ½ teaspoon of red chilli
- Finely slice the onion, capsicum, and tomato.
- Then heat your oil in a pan and sauté finely sliced garlic and ginger paste until everything turns golden brown.
- Now add the chicken mince to it and when the mince is cooked, add half of the chopped vegetables.
- Also, add salt, black pepper powder, red chilli, tomato paste and soya sauce.
- Mix until all ingredients are well-combined and cover the pot for 5 minutes so that chicken gets appropriately cooked on slow heat
- Boil lasagna sheets in hot water and keep them aside.
- In another pan, add butter and plain white flour, fry it until its colour is changed (It shouldn’t be brown), and then take it off the stove and cool it.
- Add milk into it after the mixture has cooled off because adding milk to the hot mix would result in clots in the final chicken lasagna.
- Cook it till it thickens
- Layer a lasagna sheet in a wide ovenproof dish and oil it so that lasagna doesn’t stick from the bottom. Pour white sauce and put a layer of mince meat and little grated cheese.
- Repeat the layers to layered all the sauce, mincemeat, cheese, and lasagna sheets.
- Then top it with grated mozzarella cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When cheese looks golden, tempting Chicken Lasagna Cake is ready to serve.