Yesterday, we had some friends over for tea, and I made this mince meat pie recipe for our tea party! My friend suggested that I post it on my blog, so here it is! It is easy, and we had it this morning for breakfast too, makes quite a tasty breakfast with a cup of coffee! So next time you are having an evening get together and want something fast and easy.
Savory Mince Meat Pie RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 pastry dough sheets
- 2 pounds of ground beef and chicken
- 3 onions
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of mayo
- Thaw out your pastry sheets ( cover them, so they don’t dry out)
- Cut the onion.
- Combine the onions and ground meat together with salt and pepper, and fry until thoroughly cooked.
- Turn off the heat, let cool a bit, and add 4 tablespoons of mayo.
- Place the meat mixture on one pastry sheet, leaving an edge all around.
- Put the second sheet over the first, and seal the edge by rolling up and pinching.
- Brush with eggwash made with an egg yolk and a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 to 45 minutes, until nice and brown.
- Carefully cut into squares, and serve.