I recently received a request to make this Rich and Creamy Baked Chicken Spaghetti for dinner. It’s based on a recipe found on kraft.com, although this version is slightly different so that it is gluten-free and a little saucier. In addition to being a saucy pasta recipe, this is a great way to use minced chicken.
I learned that many people had had Baked Chicken Spaghetti Recipe as a childhood favourite. The rich, creamy sauce is fantastic, and this is comfort food at its best.
Rich and Creamy Baked Chicken SpaghettiPrint Recipe
- ½ cup of gluten-free Whisk Bliss
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ teaspoon of poultry seasoning
- 1 pound of Barilla gluten-free spaghetti pasta
- 1 medium-sized bell pepper, chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 4 large mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 16-ounce package of Velveeta, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 10-ounce can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chillies, undrained
- 1 pound of minced chicken
- ½ cup of frozen green peas
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare the Gluten-Free Whisk Bliss with the water in a medium saucepan based on the package direction. Stir in the poultry seasoning.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook the Barilla Gluten-Free Spaghetti per the packaged directions, making sure the pasta is a bit al dente because it will continue to bake in the oven.
- While pasta is cooking over medium heat, sauté the finely chopped bell pepper, onion and mushrooms in the olive oil until veggies are tender. Add the minced chicken.
- When Gluten-Free Whisk Bliss is done, stir in the cheese cubes. Once the cheese melts, stir in the Rotell diced tomatoes.
- After pasta is cooked, drain pasta and place it back into the pot. Stir in the sauce over the noodles. Mix in the chicken and green peas, and pepper.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.