A few weeks ago, my brother and his family came over for dinner, and we had this delicious chicken tostada recipe. I have been dying to write about these tostadas because they are a perfect summer meal because of the fresh salsa topping. With all my tomatoes and jalapenos ripe, I can’t help but make homemade salsa every chance I get.
Tostadas are an enjoyable taco alternative. They are super easy and super delicious. You can’t go wrong when you have easy and delicious in the same sentence, and we are talking about a weeknight dinner. Tostadas, like tacos, are great because there are so many options when throwing them together.
I love tacos; they are on our menu almost every week. However, I like my tostadas simple and fresh. This meal takes maybe 25 minutes from start to finish and uses only a few ingredients. It can be a meal on its own, or you can pair it with some Spanish rice as we did. However, you decide to have it for dinner; I promise you won’t be disappointed with this chicken tostada recipe.
Quick and Easy Chicken Tostada RecipePrint Recipe
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast, minced
- 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 3 avocados
- 2 cups of salsa
- 12 tostadas
- Season the minced chicken with taco seasoning and cook on medium in the canola oil.
- Mash the avocados and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once your chicken is cooked through, place it on a cutting board and chop until it is no longer pink.
- Now you can begin to assemble your tostadas. Take your tostada and spread a thin layer of guacamole on it; place your chicken next and top with salsa.