I’m super psyched to share this recipe for Pancake Cannelloni Lasagne with you since it’s incredibly delicious. So, if you love pancakes, cheese and bolognese, this is the recipe for you.
I’m not sure where this recipe came from. However, I remember my mum making it a while back and thought I’d have a go since I had all the stuff for it, as well as a huge lasagne craving.
Pancake Cannelloni LasagnePrint Recipe
- Mince Ingredients
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- A pinch of basil
- A pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of stock (either veggie or meaty)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 cups of ground chicken
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Pancake Ingredients
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour (or plain flour, although cornflour is better)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- A pinch of salt
- Extra cheese for the topping
- Chop and fry the onion. Add the crushed garlic, herbs, stock, and sugar once it’s cooked.
- Add the minced chicken, and fry until it’s cooked.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir through.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add the flour in a bowl and mix in the egg. It should be very sticky and crumbly.
- Gradually pour in the milk bit by bit, stirring well, until the mixture is smooth and runny.
- Put a blob (yes, a blob) of butter in the pan, and wait for it to melt.
- Take a ladle (or a big-ass spoon), and put a spoon of the mixture in the pan, making sure it’s nice and round.
- When tiny bubbles appear in the mixture, flip it over with an egg slice (or the frying pan itself if you’re that kind of chef), and cook the other side.
- Put pancake on a plate, and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Cheese Sauce Instructions
- Grate a ton of cheese.
- Melt your butter in a saucepan, then add in the flour, salt and mustard to mix. Add the milk.
- Stir continuously for a while.
- You want to avoid it getting lumpy; although it will be at the start, it will become smoother.
- When the sauce starts to thicken up, and you’re stirring a lot more, put it aside.
- Take a pancake put it in the baking pan.
- Spoon bolognese into it, and attempt to roll it. When that doesn’t work, fold it over, laying it on its side so that it’s kind of held together.
- Repeat the method with the rest of the pancakes until the pan is full.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pancakes, getting as even a coating as you can.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese on top is bubbling and turning brown.
- Take out, and attempt to serve without it all falling apart again.