The Paleo Diet has similarities with the gluten-free diet. Both have gained plenty of attention in recent years, and these two types of diets are generally used to improve health. The Paleo diet is geared towards helping people reduce their risk for chronic diseases and even lose weight, while the gluten-free diet helps prevent food intolerances and allergies. But why choose between the Paleo diet and the gluten-free diet when you can have the best of both worlds? Yes, you can certainly do so. Let’s start with some awesome Best Paleo Chicken Chili Verde Recipe that we’re pretty sure you and your family will enjoy.
This gluten-free Paleo Chicken Chili Verde is a ground/minced chicken recipe and very easy to prepare. It takes about 12 minutes prep time and just 25 minutes to cook.
- 1 pound lean chicken meat (organic) without skin, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons coriander, ground
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 green and 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can of tomatoes, diced
- 1 (28-ounce) can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can of tomato sauce
- FOR THE SPICES, YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- FOR GARNISH (OPTIONAL):
- 4 pieces bacon (crumbled and fried)
- diced avocados (2 fruits)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and when it’s already hot, saute onion and garlic. Add the chicken and cook until it’s brown. Add the tomatoes (including the sauce), jalapeno, bell pepper, celery, carrots and all the spices.
2. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally for 10 more minutes. Add the garnish and serve. You can also use this Paleo chili recipe using a crockpot.