This tasty malai kofta curry recipe is a must-try Indian food. It’s a dish I always want to have when I crave Indian food. The spices bring together a unique flavour that you won’t get from any other dish.
Tasty Malai Kofta Curry RecipePrint Recipe
- Kofta Ingredients
- 2 cups of ground chicken
- 100 grams of cottage cheese (paneer), grated
- 50 grams of mawa/khoya, grated
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- Salt to taste
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- Oil for deep-frying
- Raisins as required
- Gravy Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 4 green cardamoms
- 2 green chillies, slit
- ¾ cup of boiled onion paste
- 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste
- ½ cup of cashew nut-melon seed paste
- ½ cup of yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ¾ teaspoon of green cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon of white pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon of garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup of fresh cream
- To make the koftas¸ mix together chicken, cottage cheese, mawa/khoya, cornflour, salt and green chilli in a bowl.
- Heat sufficient oil in a nonstick pan.
- Portion the mixture into equal parts, stuff each with a raisin and shape into balls or koftas.
- Deep-fry the chicken koftas in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
- To make the gravy, heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add cardamoms and green chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onion paste and sauté for 1 minute. Next, add ginger-garlic paste and cashew nut-melon seed paste, mix and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and yogurt, mix and bring to a boil. Add butter, cardamom powder, pepper powder, garam masala powder and salt, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Strain the gravy using a sieve into a bowl.
- Pour the gravy back into another nonstick pan, place on heat and bring to a boil. Switch off heat, add cream and stir.
- Place the Malai Kofta in a serving bowl and pour the gravy on top. Sprinkle cardamom powder and serve immediately.