This instant pot cajun chicken and rice make for an easy, fast weeknight dinner. This dish is seasoned perfectly with Cajun spices. Check out the delicious recipe here.
- Veggies Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green scallions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Chicken and Rice Ingredients
- 1 ¾ cup of chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup of white rice
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- ¾ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Make sure you cut everything up before you start.
- Add the olive oil, onion, red and green bell peppers, scallions and garlic in a heated pan. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add Cajun seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and tomato paste to the veggies. Mix well. Add the chicken broth and salt and stir well.
- Add the rice and submerge it into the liquid in a separate pot. Add the chicken right on top of the rice mixture; this will sink into the rice on its own. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and Italian seasoning right on top of the chicken.
- Close the lid and lock it. Make sure the valve is in a closed/sealed position. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Use the quick pressure release method to avoid overcooking rice. Move valve to release/open position. Be careful; avoid the steam that will shoot out from the top. If needed, shred the chicken. Stir the chicken to combine with rice.