I love Italian food! Pizza and pasta are my favourites, and the more cheese, the better. This Heavenly Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells recipe is loaded with rich cheesy goodness and spinach. I try to eat as much spinach regularly because it is healthy and good for you. Combined with cheese, it is a win-win dish! I hope you enjoy it!
Heavenly Spinach and Cheese Stuffed ShellsPrint Recipe
- 22 to 24 jumbo stuffed shells, cooked and drained
- 9 ounces of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 15 part-skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 cup of ground chicken
- ¼ cup of fat-free half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 24-ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, Ricotta and Italian Blend cheeses, chopped spinach, Italian seasoning and Half-N-Half and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper and mix together again.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Stuff the shells with the prepared mixture and place them in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the shells.
- Cover the baking dish using foil and let bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for approximately 7 to 10 minutes longer, until bubbly and cheese begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and top with the grated cheese for garnish and extra cheese flavour.