I decided to go through my healthy recipes on Pinterest and try some. I came across what claims to be a healthy chicken taco salad. If you know me at all, you would know that I could eat taco salad every day of my life and be happy. It’s one of my favourite dishes! So, I decided I would try this and see if it was any good.
And let me tell you. It is so good. Can you see me drooling over here? You must take my word for it. Maybe it’s because I just finished my last bite and ran to the computer so I could tell you all about it. And perhaps because I still have some remnants in my teeth. Remind me to brush them after I finish this, okay? Check out the recipe you can try at home.
Healthy Chicken Taco SaladPrint Recipe
- Salad Ingredients
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped and shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen corn, thawed
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- 1 pound of cooked chicken, cubed and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning added
- Crushed black bean tortilla chips
- Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup of coconut milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of ranch seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- Cook chicken, add 1 tablespoon taco seasoning and a little splash of water and let simmer.
- Combine all salad ingredients, except tortilla chips and avocados.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Serve by layering crushed black bean tortilla chips, salad mixture, chicken, avocados and dressing.