Like many of my faves, this Chicken Patties With Avocado, Goat Cheese, and Cranberry Compote recipe is quick and easy, and I admit, a bit more fun and festive because of the cranberry compote.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 8-ounce bag of organic cranberries
- 1/3 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
Cranberry Compote Instructions
- Wash and sort the cranberries, picking out any bad berries.
- Combine cranberries, water and sugar in your saucepan. Stir and allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool while preparing the chicken patties.
Chicken Patties Instructions
- Place ground chicken in a large bowl, sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper generously over the chicken and knead spices through with your hands.
- Form into patties and set aside.
- Put some olive oil in your frying pan over medium-high heat. Place patties in a heated pan, adding extra salt and pepper. Cover and allow to cook until the middle is done and outside is browned, making sure patties have been cooked to reach a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit internally.
- Layer chicken patties with avocado, goat cheese, and cranberry compote, and enjoy!