My favourite thing about this easy slow cooker chicken chili recipe is that you don’t have to cook or brown the chicken ahead of time; that is my number one pet peeve about some slow cooker recipes. I use my slow cooker when I want to be lazy about cooking, and the fewer steps, the better! This would also be a great set-it-and-forget-it menu item for Super Bowl Sunday.
I highly suggest topping the chili with avocado and shredded cheese (plain Greek yogurt would be good, too). Just one bowl of this stuff, and I was well stuffed. But, of course, we had tons of leftovers, too.
You guys are going to love this recipe! I know so many of you are slow cooker fanatics – like me! – and this takes no more than five minutes to prep. So all you’ve got to do is wait patiently for eight hours or put in a hard day’s work – and dinner is ready to go.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 15 ounces chili beans canned
- 15 ounces white beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces tomatoes fire-roasted
- 15 ounces chicken broth low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Place ground chicken in a slow cooker and break up as much as possible.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.