A pasta bake is undoubtedly one of the best comfort foods we know, but it doesn’t need to be loaded with calories and fats. Caprese pasta bake is a simple dump-and-bake summer recipe that the entire family will love!
It is okay to use any tomato you would like. However, Basil is a primary component in a Caprese salad, and thus don’t skimp! This is a delicious spin on the well-known Italian Caprese Salad with an easy basil dressing.
Easy Caprese Pasta Bake RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 10-ounce box of Penne pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of freshly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil 4 cups of water. Add noodles together and boil for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cooked noodles, chicken, tomatoes, Basil, 1 cup of chicken broth, garlic, powder, garlic salt, together with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 cup of chicken broth inwards the bottom of a 9×9-inch pan.
- Pour at the top of the noodles and spread evenly.
- Top with sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle the top of the casserole with balsamic vinegar together and olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or until cheese begins to bubble.