If you love pies as much as I do, this Crusty Chicken Pie With Catupiry is the next recipe to try. It’s a filling dish that you can enjoy with your friends and family. Check out the tasty recipe below.
Crusty Chicken Pie With Catupiry RecipePrint Recipe
- Dough Ingredients
- 480 grams of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 200 grams of butter with ice salt, cut into small pieces
- 1 can of sour cream with whey
- Filling Ingredients
- 1 kilogram of cooked ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, minced in small cubes
- 2 tomatoes, chopped and seedless
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 300 grams of catupiry
- 120 ml of milk
- Black pepper
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and mix it in the flour with your fingertips, forming a kind of moist farofa. Add the cream and mix until smooth. Cover with a dish towel to rest a little while preparing the filling.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and saute until it begins to brown. After the garlic and sauté quickly, for about 1 minute. Add chicken, tomato, catupiry and milk, mixing everything well. Let it cook a little more until all is well creamed and mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Disconnect.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Open half of the dough with the help of a rolling pin, flipping the surface, so it does not stick. Go spinning the dough between each time you open the dough a bit so that it will get rounded. Open until it is thin, about half a centimetre high, and put in shape (we use a 24-centimetre diameter false bottom shape). Put all the stuffing.
- Open the remaining dough and cover the pie. Remove all the burrs; there should be enough dough for the decoration: make strips with it, making a plaid on the cake. Cut the burrs and brush with egg yolk, so the pie is golden brown over the top. Open a small hole in the centre with a knife to let the steam come out while roasting.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.