I am always looking for new recipes and new ways to change up old recipes! And recently, I finally perfected this creamy chicken alfredo that I’ve been cooking for the past few months. It’s so good and really easy to prepare. I used minced chicken to this to make it easier to cook. I hope you enjoy cooking this classic Italian pasta dish as much as I do.
Creamy Chicken AlfredoPrint Recipe
- 1 box of penne pasta (uncooked) water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of cajun creole seasoning
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1/2 bottle Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 pound of minced chicken breasts
- 2 jars of parmesan-garlic Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of Mexican white cheese
- Fill a saucepan with approximately 6 cups of water.
- Add seasoned salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper seasoning, Cajun-Creole seasoning, chicken bouillon cubes, butter, zesty Italian dressing and chicken bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked minced chicken. Turn down the heat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from seasoned liquid and set aside.
- Bring the liquid back to a rolling boil and add uncooked penne pasta.
- Cook the pasta for approximately 12 to 14 minutes until pasta is cooked to your liking; you might have to add a little more water for this step, don’t overdo it!
- Drain pasta, keeping any liquid to use later for chicken soup stock!
- Mix the chicken with Alfredo sauce and the Mexican white cheese.
- Heat in microwave until warmed through.
- At this point, you can either mix the sauce with the pasta and serve this way, or you can serve the pasta and the sauce separately and let your family and/or guests help themselves the amounts of each they like as some people like more sauce and some less.
- If your sauce turns out too thick or there is not enough, you can add some of the stock you drained off the pasta.