Check out my healthy chicken recipe creation. It’s a Peruvian Chicken Wrap Recipe. Make it gluten-free just by eliminating the wheat wrap or substitute with a gluten-free wrap. This wrap is full of healthy carbs, fat and protein! Everything you need is all wrapped up in one convenient meal. Enjoy!
Healthy Chicken Wrap RecipePrint Recipe
- FOR THE CHICKEN WRAP:
- Chicken, cooked, shredded or minced
- Sweet potatoes, steamed or baked and cut into pieces
- corn, roasted
- black beans, cooked
- red quinoa, cooked
- goat cheese
- whole wheat tortillas (4-inch)
- FOR THE MINT AND CILANTRO DRESSING:
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ - 1 whole chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
1. Cook chicken, or you can use rotisserie chicken if you need a quick meal.
2. Cook sweet potatoes in the microwave or oven, cut into 1-inch cubes or smaller.
3. Cook corn and black beans, and red quinoa according to directions. You can use any type of quinoa, but I prefer the red with this for flavor combination purposes.
4. While all the food is cooking, prepare the mint and cilantro dressing. Take the mint, cilantro leaves, and chili pepper and blend in the food processor. Add water a little at a time until the mixture is smooth. I used over ⅓ cup water and used the smoothie setting on my blender. Once finished, pour dressing into a bowl and add the ginger and cumin powder.
5. Assemble your wrap by taking all the ingredients and place atop the whole wheat tortilla. For a gluten-free version, skip the whole wheat wrap.
6. Want to add mayo? Just mix together your choice of mayo and the mint/cilantro sauce!