This chicken wonton soup is better than my favourite Chinese restaurant soup. Why? The ingredients are fresh and crisp, and I was able to add more of my favourite ingredients. The aroma in the kitchen as you make it is so delicious your mouth will water. This soup is so healthy, and by adding more or different ingredients, you can make it even more so. It turned out so amazing.
Chicken Wonton SoupPrint Recipe
- Wonton Ingredients
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Broth Ingredients
- 3-4 chicken broth containers
- 1 bunch of bok choy
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced thin
- 3-5 carrots, sliced in thin discs
- 1 slice of ginger
- 1/2 can of baby sweet corn
- 1/2 pound of shelled shrimp
- 3 mushrooms
- Get the food processor and add the mushrooms, celery, green onions, garlic and ginger-chop until small but not pureed. Chunk the chicken up and add to the processor-chop. While it’s whirling around-add the soy sauce.
- Get a cutting board and dust with a bit of flour. Get a little bowl and put some cold water for dipping fingers into.
- Get one wrapper, lay flat, dip fingers in water and dampen all edges. Add 1/2 teaspoon into the middle, fold in half. Squish the edges together, point the top edge toward you.
- Roll towards and then fold in half into the middle.
- Not a very good picture, but I had icky fingers, and I was only using one hand.
- Open the broth and add to a big pot. Start heating on medium-high. Chop the celery, carrots, slice the mushrooms, 1 clove of garlic, 1 disc of ginger and add them to the broth.
- Finish making the wontons, set them aside while you chop all the other ingredients. Clean and prepare the shrimp.
- When the broth is boiling, add the wontons and stir gently.
- Then after a couple of minutes, add the other ingredients to the pot.
- Bring to boil again and boil for 4 to 6 minutes, then turn down to simmer for a couple more minutes.