Don’t let the cute little tortilla bowl with ground chicken mixture fool you. These Perfect Chicken Taco Bowls are SO quick, easy, and cheap to make. I, fortunately, have tortilla bowl pans. An alternative to these pans would be to drape a tortilla over an overturned bowl that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake at 375 degrees for no more than 8 minutes.
The Perfect Chicken Taco BowlsPrint Recipe
- 1 pack of ground chicken (you can use ground turkey, beef, or tofu if you’d like)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can of no salt added corn
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 chopped jalapeno
- 1 packet of Fajita seasoning (if you’d like to make it homemade, click here)
- 1 pack of soft four Tortillas (NOT corn)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 saucepans, one medium/large and one small
- *Optional add-ins: black olives, avocado, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Drape tortillas over an overturned oven-safe bowl that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook tortilla bowls in the oven for no more than 8 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
2. While tortillas are baking, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small saucepan. Add chopped green pepper and saute for 5-8 minutes until almost fork tender. Add in chopped onions, stir to combine and cook until translucent. Add corn, tomatoes, black beans, jalapeno and olives.
3. In a medium/large saucepan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and ground chicken. Cook until the chicken turns all white.
4. Add the fajita seasoning packet and follow directions (some call for 1/4 cup of water to help simmer the seasoning into the chicken). (DON’T FORGET TO TAKE OUT TORTILLA BOWLS).
5. Once fajita seasoning covers the chicken, add your ingredients from the small saucepan. Stir to combine. Scoop into the Tortilla bowl and add any optional add-ins (i.e. sour cream, cheese, avocado).
In the picture, I sliced half an avocado and seasoned it with salt and pepper. I like avocado as a substitute for sour cream, healthier and filled with good fats. On the side are southwestern Tortilla chips.