Want some Indian food to spice up your usual dinners? Try this chicken spinach kebab recipe that you’ll love. It’s a very savoury dish that you’ll love. I hope you enjoy preparing it as much as I do!
- 500 grams of ground chicken
- 2 bunches of spinach, chopped
- 2-3 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- 6 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 4 teaspoons of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoons of roasted chana dal powder/boiled mashed chana dal
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Add chicken, turmeric powder, chilli powder, and coriander powder in a bowl. Mix it well, cover and set it aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat some oil. Add half of the chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
- Add chicken, yoghurt and salt and cook till the chicken is tender.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, keep it aside and let it cool down.
- Wash and sauté spinach with only the water that clings to the leaves until it is just wilted. Cool it.
- Take the chicken and add the cooked spinach, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, remaining onion, egg, lemon juice, garam masala, and chana dal powder in a large bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients and then keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make small patties/tikkis and shallow fry until they turn golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve these kebabs with warm garlic naan bread and yoghurt sauce.