I love pesto pasta. I feel like it’s a very understated pasta that people tend to overlook. And in this recipe for pesto chicken rigatoni bake, you’ll realize how much you’re missing out on the goodness of pesto pasta. Have a look at my go-to recipe for my favourite pasta.
Pesto Chicken Rigatoni BakePrint Recipe
- 120 grams of rigatoni pasta
- 1 chicken breast, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 80 grams of chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons of pesto sauce
- 30 grams of grated grana Padano
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add a few sprays of firelight and fry the chicken for a few minutes until cooked through.
- Add the sliced onion and mushroom to the pan and cook, stirring until soft for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked, turn the oven onto its highest setting.
- Drain the pasta, and set aside some of the cooking water. Mix the chicken, veg and pesto sauce into the pasta and add about 1 tablespoon of the pasta cooking water to help loosen the sauce.
- Put to a baking dish, sprinkle over the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.