If you love moussaka just like me, I know you’ll love this chicken variation of the yummy dish. This chicken moussaka recipe is an easy meal you can prepare when you want something you can reheat again and again without losing the taste of it.
Chicken Moussaka RecipePrint Recipe
- 250 grams of ground chicken
- 100 grams of thin-sliced bacon
- Grated cheese
- 2-3 potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 carrots
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- Curry and/or chilli (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Dice 1 onion and add it to a pan with little oil.
- Fry it with occasional stirring until it becomes clear.
- Grate carrots and mix with the onions.
- Add the chicken to the onion-carrot mix. Add salt and pepper and other spices you like (chilli and curry we used). Keep stirring and frying on medium heat until chicken is fried. Remove it from the heat. Dice potato on circles. Set aside.
- Then, mix egg and sour cream in a separate bowl.
- Take another baking bowl and start adding the mixture in this order – potatoes, meat, egg mix, potatoes, meat, egg mix.
- In the end, put bacon on top and grated cheese on top of all. Keep doing as long as you have meat and potatoes. Bake it at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes and 200 degrees Celsius for the last 15 minutes. Serve it with fresh mint leaves.